• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

Trend (Uptrend, Downtrend, Sideway)

The basic concept of the trend is very basic stuff in a variety of market-based approaches to the analysis of technical analysis. All the tools used chartist as support and resistance levels, price patterns, moving average, trendline, etc.. Everything is the same aim which is to assist in measuring the trends that are happening in the market, in order to participate in this trend. You may often hear the popular terms like “always trade in the direction of the trend”, “never buck the trend”, or “the trend is your friend”.

This short article tries to analyze and define what is meant by trends and classifying it into categories. When viewed in general, the trend is a movement in which direction the market moves. But other than that we need a more accurate definition to use in technical analysis.

You need to remember is a form of price movement is not a straight line in one direction. The market moved in a series of zigzags. Zigzag Movement formed a series of successive waves, with peaks (peak / top) and “copy” (through) is quite clear. Directions peak and throughs that will determine the market trend is going. While the Peak and Through this move up, down, or sideways (sideways). In the Direction movement that later on will tell us about the market trends.

An upward trend (uptrend) is defined as a set of sequences and through an ascending peak. While the declining trend (downtrend) is the opposite, ie peak and through a series of diminishing, the following picture of the downtrend.

There is also a series tends to peak and throughs are called sideways sideways / ranging. Hopefully this trend sense explanation may add insight in the world of forex.

Source

Trend (Uptrend, Downtrend, Sideway):32 (20):

trade when the market is moving sideways I think is very difficult to make a profit. as sideway movements usually where the market has not shown any movement of the actual trend

Trend is our friend in forex market. Any trader who takes trend seriously will have more wins than losses. Even though there are so many ways to identify trend, the most common method is to draw a trend line which connects two successive peaks or troughs. Another better option is to use the equidistant channel in the MT4 platform. This would enable a trader to identify breakouts quite easily. Trading zigzag needs experience or else we can get trapped quickly.

Understanding of the trend movement is a good thing that do help any trader who wants to make money from forex. When the trader is able to understand and go with the trend, he or she will be able to make profit from his or her trade.

Understanding of the trend movement is a good thing that do help any trader who wants to make money from forex. When the trader is able to understand and go with the trend, he or she will be able to make profit from his or her trade.
But know how long the trend will continue is one of the importnat aspect that all traders should think about, if they cannot do that, it will be useless to know about this trend.

Its not always possible for us to know how long the trend is going to continue because from what I know we only use and predict the trend we dontt just give out trend like that and tell the direction which its going 100% that is not possbile

No doubt, sideway market is very difficult to trade in, because there is no specific direction of the market! Frankly, I always enjoy trendy moves of the financial market because according to my trading plan, I only follow the market trend!

On sideways might only scalping that will can take profit, and not for intraday and swing trader, but this is also not easy at all, determine right entry and exit point on sideways should able on best time and will only loss if can't trade on right price and time

That’s a good choice! I also like to use scalping trading opportunity during the sideway market! By the way, usually I use higher stop loss position during this type of indecision session of the market.

Using higher stop loss also sometime become dilemma, because once mistake on scalping and might from sideways condition changed to rally new trend and order against the trend hence stop loss also can hitted and all previous profit scalping will vanish and maybe will become loss again.
You are right; traders need to trade with high profit ratio! In my trading, I don’t open low profit ratio trades (below 1.5). As a result, I’m making regular money here although my strategy produces only 60% accuracy.

Its not always possible for us to know how long the trend is going to continue because from what I know we only use and predict the trend we dontt just give out trend like that and tell the direction which its going 100% that is not possbile

You are right! But I see, most of the time market respects the higher time frames support and resistance level! So, I go for the reversal trading setups when is a higher time frames S/R level.

Brokers allow traders with a multitude of trading facilities. Regulated and client-dedicated brokers make our trading easy. So, keep these issues in mind at the time of selecting a broker.

Leverage and spread can either increase your risk or decrease, depending on how much of them you are using. Lowering spread and high leverage are always beneficial for us.

Forex without practicing is unconquerable. Starting trading without practicing is like jumping in the sea without caring about the high dying possibility.

Everything toughest in the worlds seems mystery initially but it is overcome with time, so is Forex. The present global economic condition isn’t going well and an economic depression is ongoing.

Traders rack up their brains mostly about leverage. Avoiding a big amount of leverage is essential for traders because it accelerates the trading risk.