• The Forex, Binary Options Forum - welcomes you to our Community!

DigitalCashPalace Forum is dedicated to discussions about Forex, Binary Options, commodities, stocks related.

Please take a look around, and feel free to .

[Overlay] Pivot Points

ProTrader

Forex Supporter
Pivots Points are significant levels chartists can use to determine directional movement, support and resistance. Pivot Points use the prior period's high, low and close to formulate future support and resistance. In this regard, Pivot Points are predictive or leading indicators. There are at least five different versions of Pivot Points.

Pivot Points were originally used by floor traders to set key levels. Floor traders are the original day traders. They deal in a very fast moving environment with a short-term focus. At the beginning of the trading day, floor traders would look at the previous day's high, low and close to calculate a Pivot Point for the current trading day. With this Pivot Point as the base, further calculations were used to set support 1, support 2, resistance 1 and resistance 2. These levels would then be used to assist their trading throughout the day.

pp-001-spy10min.png

I use pivot to help me determine the possibly highest and lowest price movement in a day. previously I really confuse how to use this pivot point level because rarely material that discuss or teach about trading with pivot point. but after make hard search, finally I got some good key how to trade with pivot point.

Well am still searching for good and realiable way to trade with pivot so i will actually seek for your posting of some of the strategy you do use here so that I can see if i will be able to derived something positive from there

Am also a new trader in forex and also a new member of this site after all in forex trading pivot table and also pivot calculation has a most immportance stage so i think as trader we all should know about it first.

there is a good strategy i think it is called winning solution depend on the pivot point but the best thing with the pivot line is the support and resistance because when the market is moving with the trend you can trade when these lines broken and if the market side way you can trade with the reversal with these lines

Well, there are weekly and monthly pivot point. However, traders commonly use daily pivot point. To help them measuring potential support or resistance level of daily movement. Besides give information regarding with potential support and resistance, traders can use pivot to know the market pressure at that day. When price opened above pivot line, mean pressure is buy. And when opened below the pivot line, mean pressure is sell.